If you looking for the one source that has the most information about Medicaid Planning … you’ve found it!
The Medicaid Planning Guidebook is the single largest treatise on Medicaid Planning ever written. It’s designed to take even the novice of advisors through the Medicaid Planning process from start to finish.
Even the most experienced Medicaid Planning attorneys in the US keep this book handy. It has the most citations to state and federal Medicaid rules of any book ever published. With over 1,300 citations, numerous practical example and practice tips, the Guidebook is an indispensible desk reference for anyone advising seniors – attorneys, financial advisors, CPAs, etc.
Here are a few of the significant features of the Third Edition of the Guidebook published in Spring 2016:
- 25% more material than the previous edition.
- Fully updated to include recent changes including key decisions in Hughes and Zahner on Medicaid safe harbor annuities.
- Enhanced planning strategies on coordinating VAIP (Veterans Administration Improved Pension) planning with future and concurrent Medicaid eligibility.
- The impact of Obergefell on same-sex marriage and planning for Medicaid eligibility.
- Updated 50-state summary of Medicaid estate recovery rules.